Miami University Online Catalog
Search By: Keyword, Author, Title or Subject Heading
Limit By: General Topic and Where The Item is Located
Look For: Call Number, Location, and Availability
Request Item for delivery from other MU Libraries
Continue Searching in OhioLINK for unavailable titles
Find Scholarly Articles
You’ll need to enter your Miami Unique ID and password to access these resources from off-campus.
Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) – Covers all aspects of the study of language, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics.
Academic Search Complete – A good general database of scholarly and popular articles.
Use the button to look for full-text!
“And”, “Or”, “Not” (Boolean Operators): Use the words to narrow or expand your search results. For Example:
- “Nation Building” AND “Afghanistan” will return results that contain BOTH of the terms.
- “Adolescent” OR “Juvenile” OR “Teen” will return results that contain at least one of the terms. Useful for words with similar meanings.
- “Euthanasia” NOT “Animals” will return results that do not cover putting your pet to sleep.
Brainstorm words or concepts that are similar in meaning and use those as search terms. If you find a good resource, look at the “Subject Headings” or “Descriptors” listed and use those as additional search terms.
Bibliographies/References/Works Cited pages are great ways to find additional resources. You can search the library’s Catalogs and/or Databases.
Annotated Bibliography Info
- The OWL Annotated Bibliography page
- Cornell University Libraries Annotated Bibliography page
- Skidmore College Annotated Bibliography page
Q & A on APA
Q. How do I format my paper according to APA style? What spacing and font should I use? What should my title page look like?
A. General APA Formatting Info
Q. How do I cite information in the body of my paper? What should a quote or paraphrase look like in my paper?
A. In-Text Citation Basics
Q. What should my Reference list at the end of the paper look like? What should the header for this page look like? In what order should my references be listed?
A. Reference List Basics
Get Research Help!