On this Page
- Find Books
- Find Articles
- Find Media
- Evaluating Websites
- Citing Your Sources & Annotated Bibliographies
- Get Help
Miami University Online Catalog
Search By: Keyword, Author, Title or Subject Heading
Limit By: General Topic and Where The Item is Located
Look For: Call Number, Location, and Availability
Request Item for delivery from other MU Libraries
Continue Searching in OhioLINK for unavailable titles
You’ll need to enter your Miami Unique ID and password when using these resources off-campus.
Women’s Studies International – Click the blue “Choose Databases” link and check the boxes next to Academic Search Complete, Gender Studies Database, LGBT Life, SocINDEX so you can search these databases at the same time.
After you run a search you can use the following limit options to narrow your results:
- Check the box next to Peer Reviewed Journals if that is what you need
- Adjust the Publication Date to make sure you are getting current information
- Check the box for Academic Journals if you are looking for scholarly content
- Limit by language to English (and any other language in which you might be fluent)
Here are links to two LibGuides created by Oxford Campus Librarians about finding and using digital media:
In addition, these databases have images, maps, and charts available for many topics:
- Opposing Viewpoints Research Center – this database covers a wider range of topics than the one below.
- CQ Researcher – this databases covers fewer topics but has very useful images if your topic is covered
- Watch this video from Credo Information Literacy about Evaluating Sources
- And complete this online tutorial about Choosing the Best Web Sources
These tools should give you the skills you need to evaluate different types of sources based on a variety of criteria.
Citing Your Sources & Annotated Bibliographies
Here are links to guides about using MLA and APA formatting:
The following links (which include the link your professor gives in the instructions for the annotated bibliography assignment) explain what an annotated bibliography is, how it differs from a regular Works Cited or References page, and sample annotated citations.
- MU Howe Center for Writing Excellence handout on Annotated Bibliographies
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab
Get Research Help!